Happy Monday friends! Hope you all had a great weekend. In the spirit of Christmas, I would like to share a personalized monogram ornament DIY with you. If you want to add a touch of fancy to your tree, this gold foil ornament should do the trick. Here are the steps:
1. Apply a base coat to your ornament to seal any pores.
2. Once it dries (5 minutes), apply a gold foil adhesive. Read adhesive instructions on how long to wait before applying the gold foil. I had to wait half an hour for the adhesive to become sticky enough.
3. Lay the golf foil paper on top of the ornament and make sure it is centered so that you have enough gold foil sheet to cover all the sides. Make sure to wear gloves if you don’t want the golf foil to stick to your fingers!
4. Use a sponge brush to press the gold foil into the ornament and remove all excess gold foil paper.
5. Apply a gold foil sealant to your ornament and wait till it completely dries. You should not see any sealant residue on the ornament once it completely dries.
6. Finally, I chose the letter L (for my son’s name) stencil, and used acrylic white paint to paint it on. This part is a little tricky because you can’t tape the stencil to the surface without ruining the gold foil. Make sure you hold it really tight in place while you’re painting so it doesn’t shift around.
And voila, you have a fabulous ornament to adore your tree with!
This is my first DIY on the blog and I really enjoyed putting it together for you guys! I hope you enjoyed it as well!No comments